Summer is one of my favorite seasons….Fall being the other if I had to pick. I think it’s the fact that I love being warm and the warmer weather just suits me better.
I put together some of my summer faves so I’ll get right down to sharing!
1. Fruit! – I always start my day with fresh, organic fruit. After I eat my fruit, I usually eat some gluten free steel cut oats or a smoothie. Refreshing, so good for you, hydrating and good for your digestion.
2. Aviator Sunglasses – I never liked aviators until I found a pair that fit my small face! They always looked gigantic on me and then I found a pair of Tommy Hilfiger ones at TJ Maxx that were extra small! I love them since they have thin stems that allow me to wear them under a hat and they don’t give me a headache like most other sunglasses that have thick and bulky stems.
3. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Blush – I am obsessed with this beauty brand. They are the caliber of quality I look for when I need makeup since I can’t use traditional, chemical-laden products. They have amazing makeup made with fruit pigments and it’s surprisingly long-lasting. They also do skincare, haircare and a baby line! They have an online store as well as select store fronts in major cities.
4. Book: The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks – I know, totally cheesy Nicholas Sparks book but I actually enjoyed this one. I haven’t read a whole ton of his books because they usually aren’t my cup of tea but this one is about a hot bull rider/cowboy, come on! I also saw the movie which I really enjoyed as well.
5. Favorite Smoothie Recipe – I made a smoothie a month ago that knocked my socks off. I don’t know if it was because I’ve never really used this in a smoothie but I was amazed at the flavor. I’m pretty gaga over papayas. I LOVE them. I let one ripen very well and then mixed with with 1 cup of pineapple chunks, coconut water and a gala apple. It’s so simple that it’s hard to believe how amazing it was, but it was! Try it out this summer. Papayas are usually ripe and ready when they are softer to the touch and start to give off their natural papaya smell.
Hope you enjoy! xoxo