Here are my 5 top tips for feeling awesome:
- Mind my attitude – I choose to be happy on a daily basis. This means I am conscious of what my thoughts are, how they make me feel and if they make me feel good or bad. I really try to focus on gratitude and what’s going great in my life and I steer clear of negativity. When I find myself in a bad mood….because it happens to us all….allow yourself the right to feel your emotions but we’ve got to move on as soon as possible. We’ve got to adopt a “life goes on” attitude when shit hits the fan. Have an impromtu dance party, crank the music….do whatever you need to do.
- Eat whole, natural foods – This is paramount. Stop eating crap. It’s slowly killing you or creating disease. I hate to say it like that but someone has to. Cheetos are not our friend! Ditch the chemicals and go for the foods our bodies are designed to eat. If your Grandma (or Great Grandma) wouldn’t recognize it, don’t eat it.
- Find humor in everything – I’ve had a slight problem with this since childhood. I just think I was born to be easily amused. I find humor in things people probably wouldn’t find humor in and it helps me through a lot of situations. Surround yourself with funny people, laughing and even funny things on TV/Movies. It really is the best medicine.
- Nourish your passions – Do things that make you happy! Simple as that. Take the step and sign up for a class, a trip, a tour, an activity, whatever feeds your soul.
- Meditate – I use this as a way to stay sane. It helps you lower your blood pressure, reduce stress and cortisol levels, supports your adrenals and promotes healthy sleeping habits ON TOP of all of the amazing ZEN benefits it gives you. It’s for real!